Leading in values
Leading the development of Myanmar’s security sector
We believe in doing good work that benefits our clients, our stakeholders, and the people of Myanmar:
- Doing business the right way in full compliance with the latest local laws;
- Following international best practices and encouraging their use in Myanmar;
- Practicing and advocating for good corporate governance and transparency in the security sector; and
- Introducing innovative security practices to the Myanmar market.
Introducing international standards
Exera was the first internationally managed security firm to enter Myanmar after economic liberalization in 2012. Since then, we’ve worked to maintain our leadership position by setting the standard for the rest of Myanmar’s security sector. We stick to our core values and diligently apply international standards:
- The United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights;
- OECD guidelines for Multi-national Enterprises;
- The UK Bribery Act;
- The USA Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- The Sarajevo Code of Conduct; and
- Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights.
A force for good in our communities
We’re committed to developing and growing alongside Myanmar through long-term, sustainable efforts. For our staff, this means providing comprehensive support covering training, development, and wellbeing. For the communities where we work, it means collaborating with local representatives to create shared value. For the environment, it means making sure awareness and respect are a part of all of our activities.